Sometimes, treating pimples is as simple as changing how you wash your face. However, at other times, you may need dermatological help. The best pimple specialist in Marietta, Georgia offers many acne treatments, which should be customized to your specific skincare needs. Here are just a few of the many ways you may be able to eliminate your breakouts for good!
- Beat Acne With Topical Medications
If over-the-counter products are working, great! If not, speak to your pimple specialist about prescription-strength options with retinoids and retinoid-like drugs, antibiotics, azelaic acid, salicylic acid, or other ingredients that could help.
- Oral Medications Can Also Help Reduce Breakouts
Treating moderate to severe acne might require more aggressive treatments such as oral medications. It may be suggested you try antibiotics to get rid of bacteria. For women, oral contraceptives may be recommended. Other options include anti-androgen agents and isotretinoin.
- Home Remedies May Be Enough to Eliminate Pimples
You might have great luck with home remedies if your condition is not severe or impacts your quality of life. Always consult with the best pimple specialist in Marietta, Georgia before trying to treat pimples on your own.
At-home methods you might be able to use include:
- Ice: You can soothe pain and redness by applying ice to a pimple for five to 10 minutes at a time during the day.
- Crushed aspirin: Many patients have good luck when they apply an aspirin paste directly to a pimple. Aspirin contains salicylic acid, and when combined with a little water can make a great solution to pimples.
- Face masks: There are many types of masks on the market. Look for words like anti-inflammatory, exfoliating, or calming. Masks that contain tea tree oil or green tea are often a good choice for acne sufferers.
You’ll Find the Best Pimple Specialist in Marietta, Georgia at Acworth Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center!
You might not realize that pimples don’t just mean acne. A person with pimples can also have other skin concerns such as blackheads, nodules, or painful cystic acne. Whether yours are mild or severe, Dr. Johnathan Langston Chappell can help. Call Dr. Chappell today at 678-505-8030 to book your appointment, and welcome in clear skin!